6/21/13

her first day of school

A few days ago, I was supposed to blog about her first day of school and how it turned out for our little girl. Obviously, I didn't have time to do that despite the fact that there are 24 hours in a day. LOL. Blame it partly on the rainy season because we practically wanted to have more hours of sleep now. Anyway, her first day of school was technically not her first day to experience school since she already went to summer school prior to entering Nursery2 this school year. Still, I felt the need to file for a leave of absence from work to support her official first day of school as a preschooler.


The mom in me was telling me I have to be there to make sure her first day is a good one. I had to be there just in case she feels uncomfortable. We all know a lot of kids cry on their first day of school especially if they are used to being with their parents almost all of the time. However, this was not the case with my daughter. The moment we entered the gate of her school, she cheerfully greeted everyone 'Good morning'. Just like most 'first days' of school, their classes did not formally start yet. In fact, the students were dismissed early. It was almost like we were there in school just to have her ID picture taken, bring all her books, and get her school-related requirements. We then spent the rest of the day buying her requirements. In the evening after taking dinner, I covered all her books and notebooks. I didn't even notice that it was already past bedtime that night.


Oh gosh, for someone who is already thirty-ish, I still can't believe I already have a preschooler. I thought I shouldn't be surprised because I am not getting younger as well. Even some of my contemporaries were already sending their kids to high school. So, there's still a long way to go for us. Indeed, it's time to work even harder so we can provide a better future for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment