5/23/10

the discomfort of one year molars

Last week, our little girl had been acting fussy again. Yes, it's because she is teething again. I know I said in my previous post that we have already graduated from parent sleep deprivation but last week was kind of unusual because she has been feeling some discomfort from these so called one year molars. She wasn't that cranky when she's had her teeth coming from the front row but now with some molars which are about to erupt, it's really hard to put her to sleep. And oh, she's back to this habit of waking up in the middle of the night, too. It's like she was having a change of body clock again.

Generally, it was her most uncomfortable time of the week. I believe this is how it's going to be for the rest of the month.


Today, I saw some small red patches around her cheeks and some parts of her legs but I forgot to take some pictures, though. As first time parents, we were frantic about it even though she didn't have any fever. We immediately phoned the expert, my mother-in-law! She said that the small patches are still part of her teething and we need not worry. I guess she's right because these red patches would appear and disappear every now and then. I just hope my daughter will get over this uncomfortable stage of teething soon!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I guess we as parents from time to time would have to have some sleep deprivation especially when the little ones get sick. My 3rd child right now is not feeling well, so I'm preparing myself to have a little less sleep tonight. Hope your little girl is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks chin.. sure do hope your third child feels better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, poor baby! Try giving Dipx2 a bit of ice cream to help with the irritation. Anything cool will ease the pain a bit.

    There are some oral gels you can use to help the discomfort, but I don't know if it's available in your area. What worked for the "molar stage" with us was ice cream, milk shakes, and a bit of some flavored ice shavings. ;)

    I hope she's feeling better, and that they come out soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete