11/9/13

been struck with calamities

I have almost been missing out updates on my blog but that's because our region/country have been struck with different calamities lately. Last month, we have experienced a high-magnitude earthquake and then lately, we have just survived super typhoon Yolanda. Today, I am just so glad that the storm has already passed; although I have yet to check on my dad back in Medellin for updates; although we have spoken earlier before the communication lines went down. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that they are all okay because their area is also one of those that are directly passed by the typhoon. I fully trust that the Lord has extended His mantle of protection to each and every one of them. It is quite depressing to know, though, that there are a lot of casualties in Tacloban, Leyte. I've watched the news and it saddened me even more. Many of us can't seem to understand why some have to lose their families this way but we'll just rest everything in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment