2/21/13

got a post-Valentine gift

Just when I decided to go ahead and buy a jacket, a friend came to my office last night and brought a sweater for me. She said the sweater was given as a post-Valentine gift from our common friend who is now based in the U.S. The gift made me smile considering that it was like an answered prayer from my earlier post about the need to keep myself warm at work. At one point, though, I had thought that the sweater wasn't really intended for me since it almost didn't fit me and that the friend who brought the gift was just probably being too kind and decided to share her Valentine gifts for me. :-) Anyhow, I already thanked them both for their thoughtfulness. It was really something (apart from a jacket) I needed and had thought of buying lately. I so love the color but it looks like I would need to trim down some more so that I would look better in this fine piece of clothing. Anyway, I went home last night wearing this sweater and I was kind of impressed that my daughter was quick to notice the new piece of clothing covering my shirt. After that, she asked me where I got it and why I didn't buy her one like that; so I promised to get her one on her coming birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment